August 19, 2013

DIY Decorated Old Wooden Window

Today I'm going to share with you a project I couldn't live without when I seen this DIY Decor. When deciding on a theme for my living room I was inspired by a wooden barn bird house my Uncle made for my Mom from the house her Dad grew up in and she grew up in as a child. I love the look of 'old' wood. I grew up in the country and 'old' wood just has that 'country' feel to it. Everyday I would see this old wood house that my Grandfather and Mom grew up in, so having an 'old' wood theme was a no brainer.

Here is my inspiration...the wooden barn built from the house that my Grandad and Mom grew up in!
Isn't this an awesome idea my Uncle came up with to have memories of the house they grew up in?
Hopefully I will have an update showing the actual picture of the house...I'm just waiting on my sister to send me a picture.

So how could I pass up this idea to have an old wooden window frame displayed on my wall? I just couldn't live without it once I seen it. It would be the perfect touch to my living room. So I got right to work and started on my first DIY project for my living room.

Here's my wooden window frame.
If you look closely you can see some very small glass bottles.
They were very old glass bottles that my Mom had collected (she loved antiques).
I thought that this frame would be a perfect place to display these cute little glass bottles.

I then bought some scrap paper at Hobby Lobby.
If you go to Hobby Lobby I'm sure you will see it.
I then picked out how I wanted it to be displayed.
Once I had the look I was going for I handed the project over to my husband.
He printed up these designs so he could press them onto fabric.
(Click Here to see more about this concept)

Now it's a permanent design on fabric not paper.
I can wash it, it's sturdy, and looks better than paper.
I hot glued each piece of fabric onto cardboard for support.
I then placed each one in the window block.

 I then added the glass bottles to the old wooden frame.
I added some flowers to the old glass bottles for some charm.
And here is the final product of my first DIY project in my living room.
The best part about it is I can change the patterns at anytime!
I will probably do that soon since I really didn't have a color scheme in my living room at the time I made this and just picked out some cute patterns.

I added this cute 'Amazing Grace' Wall Decor as a finishing touch.
It was my Mom's favorite song so it fit right in with my wall decor.

Remember this cross I had made (if not you can check that out here).
Well here is its home!

Here is the final product of my 1st DIY project I had made for my living room!
I just love how this wall turned out!
It's my favorite decorated wall in my living room.
It's my dedication wall to my Mom who passed away of cancer 5 years ago.
 So it has a very special meaning.

Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to checkout my DIY Living Room Decor!
Come back soon to see more of my projects from my living room :)

This post was featured here:

2 comments:

  1. I really like this - what a neat idea with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

09 10