August 12, 2013

DIY Wooden Cross With Scrap Paper

Onto my next DIY project in my living room.....
 
On my DIY Burlap Prints I talked about my DIY Project Fail!
 
 Yep this frame hanging decor is a sight for sore eyes.
Now that awesome 'S' has a new home and the frame has the Burlap Tree Print to make it look great!
So let's talk about what I did with the 'S'.
 
 I made this cross out of some old wood to go with the 'old wood theme' in my living room.
 
 I then got some scrap paper and modge podged the back to glue the paper down.
 
 I then got some Valspar  Antiquing Glaze and put some around the edges of the scrap paper.
If you do not have Valspar Antiquing Glaze, I would invest in some. I have used it in many of my 'vintage' projects and I love it. It don't take much and leaves a great look.
 
 I didn't leave it on but a few seconds and then wiped it off.
The longer you leave it on the darker it is.
 
 I then went over the scrap paper very gently with sand paper to give it that 'worn out' look.
 
Remember my 'S'... well here is it's new home along with a bird to match my other 'living room theme.'
I glued the S and the bird down with wood glue.
 
Here is the finished project hanging on my wall!
I just love how it turned out.
My 'S' looks so much better on this cross than my project fail.
 
Do you like the scrap paper on the cross? I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because I wanted the 'worn out' look to the paper but yet show the wood. So in order to achieve this it was a little difficult but the overall turn out was good. I think the accents is exactly what the cross needed to add that perfect final look I was looking for.

Link Parties: Adventures of a DIY Mom, City Farmhouse, Sew Much Crafting, Two Yellow Birds D├ęcor, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Serenity Now,
Blissful and Domestic, The Charm of Home, Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, A Peek Into My Paradise, Tatertots and Jello, Too Much Time On My Hands, Living Better Together, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sew Many Ways, Huckleberry Love, Keeping it Simple

4 comments:

  1. Love the new look! =) Thanks for linking up at the Pinterest Power Party! Happy Friday!!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Another fabulous job. I love it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to find and follow your great blog. Enjoy the rest of your week. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and being a follower!

      Delete

09 10