August 30, 2013

Yummy Asparagus!

I don't know about you guys but I love summer because summer bring fresh veggies!
One of my favorites is ASPARAGUS! There is nothing like yummy asparagus.
So today I thought all of you might like to know how I like my asparagus!
 
 I like to line my pans with tin foil to make things easy.
So first I put 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in my lined pan.

After I have washed and cut about an inch of the bottom of my asparagus, I toss them in the olive oil.
I then put them in the oven for about 15 minutes at ° 375.
I like mine a little crunchy so you may want to leave it in a little longer for softer asparagus.

After you take them out of the oven I squeeze a little lemon over them along with some kosher salt.
 
 I also like to add some toasted almonds...or any kind of toasted nuts.

 Add a little Fetta to top it off and you got some delicious asparagus!
HINT: I normally like to add crumbled bacon on it, but the bacon didn't really go with this meal, but the bacon is yummy.
 
 And voila, you got a tasty side dish and  I consider it a healthy side dish!
 
And because you ate "healthy" and it was so simple to make.... you cook your family up some A+ cupcakes for dessert! YUMMY!  I promise you it can't go wrong!


Link Parties: Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,, The Charm of Home, A Peek Into My Paradise,Tatortots and Jello, DIY Vintage Chic, Too Much Time On My Hands, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Huckleberry Love, Keeping it Simple, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Sew Much Crafting, Work it Wednesday, {Ella Claire}, Two Yellow Birds D├ęcor, A Glimpse Inside, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Living Well Spending Less, The Grant Life

6 comments:

  1. Jodi I just bought asparagus last night and I have never made it. I will try your roasting method. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home! I love to eat healthy!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it! I can't ever get my kids to eat vegetables but this is one recipe they will eat.

      Delete
  2. I love roasting asparagus too, it gives it the best flavor! In fact, I'm making some as a side for dinner tonight! :) I love the addition of the almonds, that's a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love toasted almonds on my asparagus!

      Delete
  3. Jodi,
    We tried it and I will blog the recipe soon. I made it and I thought I would be the only one to eat it. My middle son said, do you have any more of that? I said yah! I gave him some and he loved it! He said he discovered he liked asparagus at a school cookout, they made it!?? Who would have know! Not me! LOL! Nice recipe, I will link back to you when I post it. Thanks for sharing at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it esp. your son. It's always nice when we see our kids eat vegetables.

      Delete

09 10