November 5, 2016

Cookie Monster's Birthday Celebration

Hello Blogger Friends!

It has been such a long time since I have been on here...the reason being is in the Fall of 2013 I decided it was time for me to go to college. My last child started school and it was lonely being home alone during the day so I knew it was time to pursue my calling in life. I have officially finished my classes and now I am working on my Internship and will graduate in December!!!

My blog needs a lot of updating because a lot can happen in 3 years and that is exactly what has happened, so bare with me while I make changes over the next few months. I still can't devote a whole lot of time on here because of my busy schedule but I do hope to blog at least once a week. So let's get started!

If you hadn't heart this past Wednesday (November 2) was Cookie Monster's birthday. Back in March Zane had to have his tube in his ear replaced and had to have his adenoids removed, as a we got him a bear to help him recover. Not too long after that my niece gave him a Minion and then my husband got him a Cookie Monster so we had to celebrate. A while back on FB I had watched a video on how to make Cookie Monster bark (sorry I have no reference as I don't remember much about the video). Anyways I decided to give it a try but a little different. 



 The ingredients I used I picked up from Walmart: Store bought chocolate chip cookie dough (gasp..no I did not make from scratch, that would be too easy especially after a long day at work), mini oreo cookies and chocolate chip cookies, eyes, and blue candy melts

 Press the dough into a 9 X 13 pan (I used a cake pan) and bake according to cookie dough instructions (mine took about 5 minutes longer to bake)

 Take out of oven and let cool


 While you are letting the giant cookie cool put the candy melts into a bowl and melt in microwave in 30 seconds intervals until melted

 Now spread on giant cookie


 Add eyes anywhere on cookie

 Now add mini cookies and stick in freezer or fridge until candy melts harden


 Now it's time to celebrate....HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOKIE MONSTER


 Now cut into squares and enjoy some cookies!

Thanks for stopping in! Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10