September 25, 2018

Easy, Delicious Lasagna

 What's for dinner tonight? Well today I want to share with you a fairly easy recipe that has taken years to perfect, but it's husband approved and kid approved too! My husband is Italian so we have Italian food quite often. He could eat pizza everyday and spaghetti every Sunday if I would let him. My husband grew up eating spaghetti every Sunday after church with made from scratch sauce and meatballs...it's so yummy, however I'm sworn to secrecy on the recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. Although I won't be sharing that recipe today I am sharing the next best thing! I have to throw a little Italian variety into the menu because my kids are not a fan of eating spaghetti each Sunday. It doesn't bother me because I don't have to cook but the last thing I need is a protest in the house from the kids refusing to eat. The best thing about this recipe is it's simple and easy! So who is ready for some lasagna?

P.S. I promise to brush up on my photography skills


Step 1: Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and set aside until ready to use. You only need six but I boil extra just in case they rip. 


Step 2: Meanwhile brown ground beef. After it is browned and drained add about a cup of spaghetti sauce. My husband likes a lot of sauce so that is why I buy the big jar of spaghetti sauce but if you don't like that much sauce you can buy a smaller jar. 

























Step 3: Make your Ricotta Cheese filling (recipe below) 

























Step 4: Cover the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish with spaghetti sauce to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom. I normally don't use this glass one, however my daughter accidentally broke my favorite casserole dish. You could even buy the aluminum foil ones if you wish.
 
(No picture...oops) 
 
Step 5: Layer 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of dish.


Step 6: Put all your Ricotta Cheese filling onto the noodles in an even layer.  


Step 7: Put half of your hamburger mixture on the Ricotta Cheese layer and pour about a cup of spaghetti sauce over the hamburger mixture (you can skip this step if you don't like too much sauce).


Step 8: Top with about a cup of cheese.


Step 9: Layer with 3 more noodles.


Step 10: Layer with more spaghetti sauce until noodles are covered.

(no picture...oops)

Step 11: Add the rest of the hamburger mixture. 


Step 12: Add the remaining spaghetti sauce.


Step 13: Top with the rest of your cheese. 


Step 14: Bake for 45 minutes. You can reduce this time if you don't like your cheese that browned. My husband loves the crisp of the cheese so that's how I make it.


Step 15: Stuff yourselves full!


FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE click here




INGREDIENTS
12 oz jar of Classico spaghetti sauce (or any sauce you prefer)
6 Strands of lasagna noodles
2 lbs of ground beef (lean)
16 oz of of shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese blend (or any cheese will work)
2 cups of whole milk ricotta cheese
10 oz chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
DIRECTIONS
Set oven to 375°
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and set aside until ready to use.
2. Meanwhile brown ground beef. When finished browning add 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
3. For filling, combine 1 cup of cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, eggs, and seasoning in medium bowl until mixed well.
4. Cover the bottom of 9x13 rectangular casserole dish with spaghetti sauce until bottom of dish is barely covered (approx. 1/2 cup).
5. Layer 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of dish.
6. Spread filling onto the noodles in an even layer.
7. Pour half of hamburger mixture onto filling and add about a cup of spaghetti sauce over hamburger.
8. Top with about a cup of cheese.
9. Layer with 3 more lasagna noodles.
10. Layer with more spaghetti sauce until noodles are covered (approx. 1/2 cup).
11. Add the rest of hamburger mixture.
12. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce.
13. Top with the rest of your cheese.
14. Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10