March 29, 2013

DIY Decorated Glass Bottles



Today I'm going to talk about a Pinterest Project and DIY Decor. Yay, two in one! As I'm decorating my living room I like to look on pinterest to get some ideas since I'm too lazy to come up with my own ideas. There are so many people out there that come up with such great ideas....and I don't happen to be one of them. Thank goodness for all those oh so talented people in this world, I don't know what I would do without you!
 
So I first got the idea from this site but I don't think that person made the bottles themselves. I think they got the idea somewhere else. So I can't direct you to that exact link because I didn't see one, but I can't be sure on that. So anyways I thought the idea would be perfect for my fireplace. I really hit a major road block when it came to decorating my fireplace. I knew I didn't want pictures on it because we take family pictures about every 2 years so I have plenty of pictures around our house. So I was defiantly leaning towards decoration especially since my house lacked decoration. So I picked up some supplies on got started on my DIY home decor.
 
Let's get started:
 
I started out with this,
Welch's sparkling juice. I had 2 of them from New Years....it's a family tradition. We kick back with the kids and have a family friendly New Years Eve party. Anyways I took off what wrapping I could and then soaked it in very hot water for about 20 minutes and was able to remove the rest. I then took a S.O.S pad and scrubbed off the sticky part.
 
Then I picked up some craft cord from Hobby Lobby.
I wrapped the cord around the bottle (in the design I wanted) and hot glued it every once in while until I got to the bottom. Make sure you pull it tight and make sure you are hot gluing on the same side of the glass bottle each time. Hot glue can get messy (at least for me). So if you are like me you want to be able to hide the imperfections. So make sure you have one side of the decorated glass bottle that you can show off, just hope that no one picks up the bottle to inspect it!
 
Now my fireplace has a little decoration!
I added some flowers for a nice touch and now I have some decor that adds a great look to my fireplace and I didn't spend much money at all!
 
This isn't where I placed the decorated glass bottles on my fireplace but because I have more DIY decor I want to share with you I didn't want to give away the final look to my fireplace. So look for more added decor in the near future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10