June 9, 2013

Recitals + Birthday Party = Busy Summer

I feel like I have been away from blogging for months. It's almost been 2 weeks but I have been so busy that I put what feels like a years worth of things into a couple of weeks. Anyone else feel that way since school has been out??? My kids are keeping me soooo busy.
 
I went to church this morning and after this post I'm going to put my feet up for the first time in a week. So today I'm going to share with you why my kids have been keeping me so busy....
 
My oldest daughter is in dance and recitals were Friday and Saturday. If your kids are in dance you know what I am talking about. It's a big deal. The last 2 months they add extra practices in and the last 2 weeks they are doing rehearsals for a whole week (except on Sundays) for 5 hours. That's tuff on a Momma but I'm sure it's even harder on the kids, but when it was all over with my daughter's smile said it all :) She was so beautiful (I'm not just saying that either because she is my daughter) in fact they are all so beautiful! It was definitely rewarding! I loved the show!
 
In the midst of all that my younger daughter's birthday was on the same day as Jaden's recital so we had the choice of doing her birthday before or after the recital. We chose before because Jaden was going to her Dad's house for the summer, right after the recital. So we snuck in a birthday party earlier that week for Cameron so Jaden could be there. Was I ever busy! Can you say chaos chaos chaos!!! On top of that Cameron wanted a sleepover so Cameron had a sleepover. Let's just say I haven't had a chance to recover but I'm taking full advantage of today and most likely tomorrow!
 
So who's ready to see some pictures of this past week????
 
Let's start with Jaden and her recital!
 Can you say Ms. Attitude?????
 Jaden in full costume (she was a horse in Cinderella)
 
 The kids loved the show!!!
 Cameron with her big sister :)
 Zane with his big sister :)
My babies and myself  
Love my girl 
 Family pic (not sure what the hubby is looking at)
 I just love this pic!!!

I didn't post any pics of the actual recital because I don't like to post pics of other people's kids without permission, but isn't she just stunning?

Cameron requested a rainbow party so she got a rainbow party!

Now for Cameron's birthday!!!
 Cameron and the cake she wanted (Rainbow with a waterfall)
 The cake I made for Cameron
 Rainbow layers
Daddy's little girl
All of us...Jaden had rehearsals :(
Don't mind the the bathing suits we also had a water party (you can't have a rainbow unless there is rain)!
The rainbow table
I'm on cloud 9 (it so happened that Cameron was turning 9 so I thought this would be a perfect decoration)
The bottom half
left side of table
middle of table
right side of table
The birthday girl herself blowing out the candles :)

I wish I had more time to decorate the cake but when putting together a party and decorating a cake you only get so long to decorate, but it still turned out good.

I decided to go with rainbow sweets....
I told my husband "I feel sorry for the parents when they pick the kids up, they are going to be all sugared up."
My husband says to me "Did you forget Cameron was having a sleepover?"
Me: "What in the world was I thinking?" "I can't believe I forgot." lol
So that's how that went down. Note to self, remember not to have lots of sweets when your child is having a sleepover!

Overall I loved the rainbow party! I hope I can do a blog post soon about the birthday party that goes into more detail. Until then I hope it gives you lots of ideas and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

So now you know what's been keeping me on my feet and busy this past week. Well time for this post to end and for me to take a nap! Have a wonderful summer and don't forget to stay busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10